Upon completion of the B.A. in English program, students will:
- Demonstrates knowledge of significant traditions and historical and cultural contexts of literature.
- Conducts, evaluates, and integrates academic research.
- Applies techniques of critical theory.
- Analyzes literature and synthesizes ideas with clarity and accuracy.
- Uses a range of English syntactic structures effectively.
- Constructs a convincing argument using a range of rhetorical techniques.
Students completing the B.A. in English program and a creative writing emphasis will also:
- Demonstrate a working vocabulary for critical analysis
through theoretical venues as well as in-depth study of terminology and
form within creative works to develop strong critiquing skills in the
- Produce writing competitive at a publishable level,
which reflects an understanding of the creative writing genres, the
business of writing, and the drafting and revision process for
individual and collections of works.